Saturday, December 17, 2016

My Sexy Mystery ~ @oddlynn3 #LynnCrain #MySexySaturday #MySexyAuthors #MSS171


Welcome to Week 171 at My Sexy Saturday and thanks for being here with me. This is the last My Sexy Saturday until after the New Year and while I love doing this, I’ll also welcome the break. Holidays are hard only in the fact that we all seem to be so busy, we don’t know which end is up.

I am no exception to this rule as today I have two blogs to put up, more shopping to do and even a booksigning to attend. So, if any of you are in the Las Vegas area, don’t hesitate to drop by and see me at the Barnes and Noble on Stephanie in Henderson, NV. I’m there with the Wyked Writers and the ever lovable Gini Koch of DAW’s Alien series. She’s awesome, we’re awesome and it would be awesome to see this.

This week the theme is My Sexy Mystery and I love mysteries but alas, I don’t really have anything I call a mystery. I have books where things have to be solved but to me a mystery is like what Craig Johnson of Longmire fame. Now there’s a great mystery and those I don’t have. But what I do have this holiday season is my Christmas story and here’s a little bit more about it. The first single in the Time Travel Bureau series, Sealed With A Kiss, will be released next month. It originally appeared in the Letterbox Love Stories anthology. Right now, I’m talking about the second in the series, Her Magical Vienna Christmas, that was published on December 1. It is in the Holiday Magic anthology and it’s available at all major ebook venues for just $0.99. That’s right…you can get 5 yes five…amazing stories for a mere $0.99. Don’t forget to get your copy today! Here’s the setup:



Cryptographer Elizabeth “Lizzie” Camden is more in tune with numbers, cyphers and puzzles than she is with the real world. When her job takes her back in time to 1874 Vienna, she’s more than surprised to find Michael Sondervan there as well. She hadn’t seen him since college when he broke her heart.

Michael has always regretted the way things turned out between him and Lizzie. When he needs someone to figure out the cryptic warning, he knows he needs the best. And Lizzie is the best. Giving her a magical Vienna Christmas in the bargain, he hopes will bring them together and prove his love to the only woman for him.

Lizzie and Michael are a hot couple destined to rediscover their love for each other, for history and the life they plan to have. Vienna is one of the best places to be in the world at Christmas and to write about. I love revisiting it again and again. Here’s my seven paragraphs from this wonderful story:

Even with the snow falling, the Graben was a hub-bub of activity. Although the shops didn’t look that different on the outside from what existed in her reality, she knew they would be totally devastated in World War II. It wasn’t until much later, in the 1950s, that they would finally be allowed to stand on their own when the last Russian left the city. So much history and she was privileged enough to see it.
Lizzie gripped Michael’s arm when she saw police beating starving people and even children. Some of them appeared so pathetic as she looked at their rag-tag appearances. Their clothes were hardly warm enough for a cold winter. She tugged fiercely toward one of them but Michael held her in place.
“Look at me,” he whispered in her ear. When she turned, he kissed her again. “Remember this is how people were, not how people are in our time. We have come a long way.”
She nodded and kept her eyes on the ground in front of her. Finally, they turned off the main thoroughfare and down the side street of Jungferngasse, then again down a little path. Hidden away from the street was a small bookstore.
“This appears to be the place. Shall we go in, darling?”
She smiled as he pulled the door open for her. Inside there were many bookshelves and even books stacked on the floor. Lizzie managed to push herself in, though the fit was tight right at the door. Picking up a tome or two, she was surprised to see originals of some titles. Even then certain books in mathematics or physics were treasures. Gently replacing one of the books, she waved her hand in front of her face as the dust rose. It looked as if some of these hadn’t been dusted in weeks.
Proceeding to where she suspected the proprietor might be, she continued to gaze around to see if anything else caught her eye. Maybe his having a page from an Enigma machine code book was just a fluke regardless of what Derrick had told them. Turning around, her astonishment grew as she didn’t see anyone minding the store. Turning to Michael, she heard a thump behind her, much like a fist connecting to flesh. The feverish whispers in German made her lift her finger to her lips and point in the direction of a door.


This anthology is available now and along with my great story, you’ll be getting four other wonderful Christmas heart warmers.

Also, check out eXtasy Books, my traditional epublisher, who is having a sale on my books, many at just $0.99. The link will take you directly to my books. They have also bundled the first five of my Santa’s Elves stories as well and it is on sale at nearly half off. WooHoo…just in time for Christmas. You’ll also find my Christmas release, Santa’s Miraculous Christmas on pre-order right now.

Don’t forget to check out the other My Sexy Saturday authors. They are all sharing great snippets from their books and they are hot, sexy plus well-worth the read.

Have a great weekend...see you next week!

Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment